What’s Happening at the Auction?
The Bainbridge Island Rotary Auction & Rummage Sale logo has been updated to represent that 2017 is the 57th year for this Bainbridge Island iconic event.
The three words at the bottom of the logo exemplify what the Auction & Rummage Sale is all about:
Bargains – Attendees have the opportunity to purchase a wide variety of items – from automobiles to wheelbarrows, and everything in between – at fantastic bargain prices.
Community – The Auction & Rummage Sale is definitely a community event:
- Over 120 Rotarians and more than 1,500 Volunteers support the event by working hard, sharing fellowship, and having fun in the process
- All of the more than 150,000 items offered for Sale in the event’s 36 Departments have been donated by an estimated 4,000 civic minded people like you
- 100% of the revenues generated by the Auction & Rummage Sale are reinvested in our community and beyond
Charity – The net proceeds from the Sale are used by the Rotary Club to:
- Support other local non-profit organizations through community grants
- Fund large community projects that have a significant impact on the quality of life on Bainbridge Island
- Provide Community Service scholarships for high school students and Vocational scholarships
- Help finance International Humanitarian projects
- Contribute to other worthy causes
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING
Here are some events and items taking place at this year’s auction:
- The 2016 Auction & Rummage Sale Raffle awarded four exciting prizes – $2,000 cash, $1,000 cash, $500 shopping spree at Town & Country Market and $100 cash. For information about the winners of the 2016 Raffle CLICK HERE.
- ‘Rotary Bucks‘ were available for purchase with a credit card, and could be used to buy any Auction & Rummage Sale merchandise or food on the day of the auction. For detailed information about the 2016 ‘Rotary Bucks’ program CLICK HERE.