What’s Happening at the Auction?
2019 is the 59th year that the Bainbridge Island Rotary Auction & Rummage Sale has been held. It has become a Bainbridge Island iconic event.
The three words at the bottom of the logo exemplify what the Auction & Rummage Sale is all about:
Bargains – Attendees have the opportunity to purchase a wide variety of items – from automobiles to wheelbarrows, and everything in between – at fantastic bargain prices.
Community – The Auction & Rummage Sale is definitely a community event:
- Over 115 Rotarians and more than 1,700 Volunteers support the event by working hard, sharing fellowship, and having fun in the process
- All of the more than 150,000 items offered for Sale in the event’s 37 Departments have been donated by an estimated 4,000 civic minded people like you
- 100% of the revenues generated by the Auction & Rummage Sale are reinvested in our community and beyond
Charity – The net proceeds from the Sale are used by the Rotary Club to:
- Support other local non-profit organizations through community grants
- Fund large community projects that have a significant impact on the quality of life on Bainbridge Island
- Provide Community Service scholarships for high school students and Vocational scholarships
- Help finance International Humanitarian projects
- Contribute to other worthy causes
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING
Here are some events and items taking place at this year’s auction:
- The 2018 Auction & Rummage Sale Raffle will award three exciting prizes – $1,000 cash, $500 shopping spree at Town & Country Market gift card and a one week Emergency Survival kit provided by BIO-D, For detailed information about the 2018 Auction & Rummage Sale Raffle CLICK HERE.
- ‘Rotary Bucks‘ were available for purchase with a credit card, and could be used to buy any Auction & Rummage Sale merchandise or food on the day of the auction. For detailed information about the 2018 ‘Rotary Bucks’ program CLICK HERE.