Island Pickup Service
DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING COMMUNITY RESPONSE WE HAVE RECEIVED, WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE ANY MORE REQUESTS FOR THE ISLAND PICKUP SERVICE FOR 2018.
As a service to residents of Bainbridge Island, the Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island has an Island Pickup Service for bringing donations to Woodward Middle School. This service is available only to addresses on Bainbridge Island.
Because of the growing cost of providing this service (truck rentals, fuel, insurance, and labor), the Rotary Club has implemented a pickup charge for the service. Only cash or checks are accepted for payment of the pickup charges. There are two “classes” and charge levels for the pickup service:
- $25 for less than ½ truckload, $50 / full truckload: for individuals who are unable, due to age or medical condition, or donation size/weight to load and transport items they want to donate.
- $75 for less than ½ truckload, $150 / full truckload: for all others
Disposal fees will be collected and added to these pickup charges as follows:
- Appliances (large) $25
- Automobile tires (each) $ 5
- Bathtubs & Spas $25
- Doors $ 5
- Exercise Equipment (large) $25
- Hide-a-Beds $25
- Kitchen Cabinets (each) $15
- Mattresses / Box Springs (each) $10
- Metal Filing Cabinets $ 5
- Sinks $ 5
- Sofas / Couches $15
Note: Only cash or checks are accepted for payment of the pickup charges and disposal fees.
How to arrange for a pickup: Starting Saturday, June 2 through Friday, June 22, CLICK HERE to complete the Island Pickup Request form. It is unlikely that any requests received after Friday June 22 can be met, given that our total capacity is limited.
Pickup Times: Scheduled pickups (conducted by Rotarians) occur between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM on Saturday, June 23; Sunday, June 24 and Monday, June 25.