Island Pickup Service
As a service to residents of Bainbridge Island, the Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island has an Island Pickup Service for bringing donations to Woodward Middle School. This service is available only to addresses on Bainbridge Island.
Because of the growing cost of providing this service (truck rentals, fuel, insurance, and labor), the Rotary Club has implemented a pickup charge for the service. Only cash or checks are accepted for payment of the pickup charges. There are two “classes” and charge levels for the pickup service:
- $25 for less than ½ truckload, $50 / full truckload: for individuals who are unable, due to age or medical condition, or donation size/weight to load and transport items they want to donate.
- $75 for less than ½ truckload, $150 / full truckload: for all others
Disposal fees will be collected and added to these pickup charges as follows:
- Appliances (large) $25
- Automobile tires (each) $ 5
- Bathtubs & Spas $25
- Doors $ 5
- Exercise Equipment (large) $25
- Hide-a-Beds $25
- Kitchen Cabinets (each) $15
- Metal Filing Cabinets $ 5
- Sinks $ 5
- Sofas / Couches $15
Note: Only cash or checks are accepted for payment of the pickup charges and disposal fees.
How to arrange for a pickup: Plans for arranging for the 2019 Island Pickup Service are still under development. Come back in May to learn how you can arrange for a pickup. Thank you for your patience.
Pickup Times: Scheduled pickups (conducted by Rotarians) occur between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM on Saturday, June 23; Sunday, June 24 and Monday, June 25.