Island Pickup Service
As a service to residents of Bainbridge Island, the Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island has an Island Pickup Service for bringing donations to Woodward Middle School. This service is available only to addresses on Bainbridge Island.
Because of the growing cost of providing this service (truck rentals, fuel, insurance, and labor), the Rotary Club has implemented a pickup charge for the service. Only cash or checks are accepted for payment of the pickup charges. There are two “classes” and charge levels for the pickup service:
- $25 for less than ½ truckload, $50 / full truckload: For individuals (due to age or medical condition) who are unable to load and/or transport items for donation that have excessive size or weight
- $75 for less than ½ truckload, $150 / full truckload: For all others
Disposal fees will be collected and added to these pickup charges as follows:
- Appliances (large) $25
- Automobile tires (each) $ 5
- Bathtubs & Spas $25
- Doors $ 5
- Exercise Equipment (large) $25
- Hide-a-Beds $25
- Kitchen Cabinets (each) $15
- Metal Filing Cabinets $ 5
- Sinks $ 5
- Sofas / Couches $15
Note: Only cash or checks are accepted for payment of the pickup charges and disposal fees.
How to arrange for a pickup: Beginning Monday, June 10th through Friday, July 3, individuals can complete the Island Pickup Request form. Later, we will email you to confirm the pickup date and time. Note: There is a charge for this service.
Pickup Times: Scheduled pickups will occur between 9:00 am and 8:15 pm on Friday (July 3), Sunday (July 5), and Monday (July 6) Note: No Island Pickups will occur in July 4.