- Hardback and soft cover books by the thousands – tables of books fill about half of the gymnasium
- Children’s books are in a separate section
- Home-school related books for parents and teachers
- Encyclopedias and textbooks
- Collections of specialty magazines i.e. model train, science fiction, cars & planes, old National Geographic magazines
Some bookcases used to display the merchandise in this area are for sale. They may not be removed before 11:00 a.m. on auction sale day (other bookcases will be found outdoors in the furniture section).
Key information about items
- Books are organized by type / topic for easy searching
- Books may be bought individually, or “by the bag” – fill a shopping bag for one price (prices are yet to be determined for this year, but last year a bag of books sold for $12).
- “Better Books” are in a separate section and are sold individually for slightly higher prices. These are typically $3 to $5 per item.
Unusual, high-quality, rare books and special sets are offered on a separate table – many on Silent Auction Bid sheets. Bid closings are between 10:00 and 10:45 am (signs in the book department provide additional information).