How to Donate
YOUR ITEM DONATIONS MAKE A DIFFERENCE
One hundred percent of the more than 150,000 items for sale at the Bainbridge Island Rotary Auction & Rummage Sale are donated by generous people like you. For many decades, the concept of “Spring Cleaning” has included setting aside valued, but no longer needed, items for the Sale. The Auction & Rummage Sale is only possible with your tax-deductible item donations. Thank you for your support year after year! Check out this year's auction departments and wishlists.
For dropping off donations, the best way to access Woodward Middle School is to take Sportsman Club Road south from 305.
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION
Aside from the limited number of items we cannot accept (see below), we encourage you to collect and, when appropriate, box or bag your donations for delivery by vehicle to Woodward Middle School. In boxing and bagging items, please consider:
- If a bag or box is too heavy for you, it probably will be too heavy for us!
- If an item has separate parts, please pack them together. With the high number of donations coming in every hour, it is easy for parts to be separated in the shuffle if they are not packed together.
- Our shoppers are generally interested in buying items that are in proper working order and appear gently used.
WHEN AND WHERE TO MAKE A DONATION
The 2022 donation drop-off schedule:
- Donations accepted: Saturday, June 25 through Wednesday, June 29, 2022
- Times: 8:00am until 8:00pm each day
- Where: South/main entrance to Woodward Middle School, 9100 Sportsman Club Road Bainbridge Island. Click here for a Google Map.
If you'd rather skip the drop-off, check out our Island Donation Pickup Service!
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you drive through the school's main entrance, you will be greeted by volunteers. They will:
- Thank you for your item donations and provide you with a tax receipt.
- Ask if you have any items we're unable to accept (see below).
- Ask if you have items subject to a disposal fee (see below), and collect those fees.
- Direct you to the "Curb" where your treasures will be offloaded by a team of volunteers.
The Curb is a very busy place. Please drive slowly, watch out for others, and follow guidance you receive on where to position your vehicle. Please turn off your ignition prior to getting out of your vehicle.
Volunteers will help unload your boxes and bags of items. If you have furniture, large appliances, building materials, bicycles, camping equipment, and/or bed frames, you will be asked to keep those items in your vehicle and proceed to a secondary offloading site(s) located in the south or north parking lots.
Volunteers are eager to help, and it would be helpful if you:
- Point out the items you are donating to ensure they are the only things removed from your vehicle.
- Provide the volunteers with information about any item you feel needs careful (fragile) or special (valuable) handling.
After all your donations have been offloaded, please proceed to either the south or north gate to exit the school campus.
WHAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT
For a list of items we do not accept, click here. These items:
- Are things that are very difficult, if not impossible, to sell (such as used wall-to-wall carpet).
- Are dangerous to handle (such as hazardous materials).
- Need a warranty we are not capable of offering to our shoppers (such as infant car seats).
ITEMS SUBJECT TO A DISPOSAL FEE
For a list of items that require a disposal fee, and fee amounts, click here. These items are ones that, if unsold, are costly for the Rotary Club to dispose of after the Sale. You will be asked to pay a fee for these items by the volunteers who greet you at the school's entrance.
ISLAND PICKUP SERVICE
The Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island offers an Island Pickup Service for delivering item donations to Woodward Middle School. This service is only available to addresses on Bainbridge Island. Click here for Island Pickup information.
Your contributions are tax deductible, and when sold, generate funds used by the Rotary Club to support a wide variety of local and international humanitarian projects, and other worthy causes. Find out more about where the money goes.