How to Donate
Giving for Our Greater Good
Thank you for your interest in donating to the 2021 Online Auction & Rummage Sale! Know that 100% of event proceeds are invested in our community — local, regional, and international.
If you don't have a google account, click here to submit your donation via email.
What to donate
- Click on the Auction Departments list for donation categories and specific item lists.
- We gratefully welcome your donation of items with a fair market value of $20 and up (or bundled items from the same household that when combined have a value of $20 and up).
- Please donate items that are in good or better-than-good condition only. As Rotary will not be inspecting or testing your donation, we rely on you to ensure your donation is clean, intact, in good condition, and works properly, if applicable.
How to submit your donation
- Open the Donation Form and enter a description of each item, including its condition, age, and measurements (as appropriate). Include any interesting details to help it sell! If you have questions about completing the form, click here for a 4-minute instruction video.
- Provide at least one photo of each item you donate. Up to three photos can be uploaded per item, if needed, to give shoppers a complete appreciation of the piece. You can also include a YouTube video link to help the item sell (example: a video of someone playing the guitar you're donating).
- Click on "Submit another response" to open a new Donation Form for another submission.
- Rotarians and volunteers will edit each listing.
- Our team may adjust the suggested price you provide, based on years of experience pricing items at our traditional Auction & Rummage Sale.
- If further information is needed, we will contact you.
- There is no central location to donate or shop. Items stay with donors until purchased.
- When your item sells, you will receive a tax receipt by email, as well as contact information for the person who purchased your donation.
After the auction
- Your contact information will be shared with the purchaser (and the purchaser will receive your contact information) so that you can arrange a convenient time and place for pickup. To minimize contact with others, schedule porch or garage pickups when possible, or meet at a neutral location.
Thank you for supporting our community!