If It Floats
Thank you for your interest in donating a boat to the Online Auction & Rummage Sale! We would be delighted to accept your donation of a boat, including:
- Boats on trailers (no footage requirement)
- Hard-shell dinghies
- Inflatable dinghies
Here's what to do!
- Contact Jim Laws at 206-819-4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tom Lindsley at 206-755-1866 or email@example.com to discuss your interest in donating a boat.
- We will meet with you at a mutually convenient time and location to perform a visual inspection of the boat and verify that the trailer and/or boat’s Title information, if required, is in proper order. Many small boats do not require a title.
- So that you don’t have to be present when we sell your trailer and/or boat, we ask you to help us prepare a small amount of paperwork, if required:
- Complete our Vessel Intake Form.
- Sign the Title, a Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale form, and any other applicable Department of Licensing (DOL) documents.
- We ask you to keep the trailer and/or boat until pickup.
- The Rotary Club does not assume ownership of a donated trailer and/or boat. The process of transferring ownership to the buyer will begin on Sunday, June 27 when the buyer picks up the trailer and/or boat. At that time, and if required for titled trailers and boats, the buyer will be provided an envelope containing the signed title, the current registration form or a DOL Trip Permit, the Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale which they must sign, any other applicable DOL forms, and the keys.
- We will complete the Vessel Report of Sale form and file it for you at a DOL office within 5 business days of the sale.
- We will send you a 1098-C tax form within 30 days after the Online Auction is completed.
Thank you for making a significant contribution to our community!