Where the Money Goes
Money Where It Matters
The Bainbridge Island Rotary Auction & Rummage Sale has been a local institution for more than 60 years. Every summer, community members donate their no-longer-needed possessions, and hundreds of volunteers turn those donated items into dollars for good. From 2010-2023, thanks to our community’s generous support, we were able to invest over $3.5 million in our local and international communities.
With every Auction, 100% of proceeds are returned to the community. The sale of your donated items makes an impact in the lives of real people in many ways. With your help, we:
- Fund community grants to nonprofit organizations
- Build large community projects such as parks and sports fields
- Provide college scholarships to local students
- Fund international humanitarian projects such as drilling wells in Uganda and providing sanitation equipment in Guatemala
Proceeds from this year’s Auction & Rummage Sale will be used in the same manner.
The Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island is honored to support local nonprofits in the essential work they do, by awarding grants for capital items. Over the past 10 years, 93 nonprofit organizations have received community grant awards totaling $1,575,000. Learn more.
Large Community Projects
Funding large projects that benefit the community-at-large has been a pillar of our Rotary Club. Most recently, funding has supported:
- Bainbridge Public Library’s “Refresh, Revitalize, and Renovate Project”;
- Reconstruction and upgrades of the Rotary Field complex, including funding for Owen’s Playground
- Construction funding for the Fort Ward Community Hall, Kitsap Humane Society’s Pet Adoption Center, and the Bainbridge Youth Services facility.
Over the past decade or so, about $1.3 million has been allocated. Learn more.
From 2010-2023, we awarded over 130 Community Service and Career/Technical Education Scholarships to Bainbridge High School seniors heading to colleges and universities. In addition, over 20 career and technical scholarships have been awarded. We're so proud of these students! Learn more.
International Humanitarian Projects
The Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island has a rich history of humanitarian projects, undertaken to improve the quality of life of less advantaged people around the world in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We partner with other Rotary Clubs and NGOs in leading projects focused on water, sanitation, disease prevention/treatment, education, and economic development.
Over the past decade or so, we have allocated over $900,000 to these projects. Learn more.
100% of Rotary Auction & Rummage Sale net proceeds go back into the community. All Rotary Club operating costs are funded through membership dues.